Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas 2014

We had a great Christmas yesterday.  We got up and opened our family presents to each other and then had my parents and my sister and her kids over for more presents and dinner.  It was a fun and relaxing day.  I really didn't do too much cooking and everyone chipped in and helped. The weeks leading up to Christmas made it so that we didn't get done much of what we usually get done during the holidays, but the holidays came just as well and I don't think anyone missed it too much.  It makes me think that we should scale down the holidays from now on.  You see, the week before we left for El Salvador I had exams for my college classes, had to get my Christmas presents done, and on top of that I had strep throat.  To make the strep worse I went to the Dr. on Sunday and the rapid strep test was negative and I was told it was a virus and was fine to go to work.  I worked all day Monday then  got a call Monday afternoon that it was strep and that I needed an antibiotic and shouldn't go to work on Tuesday.  The problem was that I was going to be off all the next week.  Well at 7:00 that night I had a fever of 102 and I was texting my co workers trying to decide if I should go to work the next day.  Luckily some of the other teachers made me come to my senses and I stayed home on Tuesday.  I went to work on Wednesday but still really did not feel well until Thursday so that whole week was pretty much shot.  Then we had to get ready to go to El Salvador then we left Monday morning not returning until the Monday before Christmas.  So to make a long story short not much got done for Christmas and it was OK!

So I just enjoyed sitting in my living room last night eating popcorn, watching TV and knitting.  I want to enjoy my time off for the holidays before school and my college classes start back.

Tomorrow we go and visit Tyler for Christmas.  This is our first visit since he has gone to the youth home.  I hope the visit goes well.  I know that he is angry with us for sending him there, but I do feel this is the best chance he has to have a good future.  Yall pray it goes well.

Well, I guess I have to go get a shower and try to tidy up this place.  I also want to undecorated today.  I love Christmas but I also like it out of here after it is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment