Sunday, December 11, 2016

Sick Day





The little boy and I spent a day together last week.  He was sick with a stomach bug and I was more than happy to stay home with him.  He spent the day on the couch, and I spent the day doing chores around the house and baking.  I made two loaves of bread and a batch of cookies.  He couldn't really eat any of it that day, but he enjoyed it the next day when he was feeling better.  I enjoyed the day at home.  I also enjoyed being with my sick boy because I knew that he would soon be better.  I have a student at school that is battling a brain tumor and will not live much longer.  His family will not have the chance for him to get better.  I thought and prayed for them today while I was home with my boy.  I can't imaging the pain they are going through.  

This weekend finds us going to honor band try outs and to the Nutcracker.  I have one more class that I have to attend on Thursday night thenmy current school.. I am done for the semester.  I am so ready and so burned out. It is also my last week at   I have mixed emotions.  I am sad to be leaving the school that I know and love, but I am looking forward to finishing school and student teaching.  This has been a long time coming and I am so ready. Then next year I will be working.  Hopefully at my current school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment