Sunday, February 17, 2013

Frugal shopping Saturday


This weekend the youth kids went on a retreat and the little guy spent the night with a friend, so it was just me and little girl on Saturday so we went shopping together.  She wanted to get a new bible case so we went to Lifeway Christian first.  I did buy the new David Platt book.  It can be so dangerous for me to go in a bookstore, especially a Christian one.  After that we went to Aldi.  This is what we got:


I also got a 10 pound of potatoes that didn't make it into the picture.  I paid $54 for everything.  I didn't really need much this week so shopping was easy.  Aldi had those strawberries for $1.15 each so I bought four pounds.  I also bought a cantaloupe that didn't make it into the picture for $1.00.  That big container of organic lettuce was also $1.00.  I love the produce deals Aldi will have sometimes.  We try to buy those and eat it in the beginning of the week.  Now here is the menu
 
Monday:  Tacos made with meat and beans
 
Tuesday:  Crockpot chicken, mac and cheese, salad
 
Wednesday:  Church group pancakes and bacon
 
Thursday:  Chicken soup and grilled cheese
 
Friday:  Pizza
 
Saturday:  Sausage casserole
 
Sunday: Hamburgers, hotdogs and homemade fries
 
We usually have cereal, muffins, bagels or oatmeal for breakfast.  Sometimes I cook eggs and grits.  All the kids eat lunch at school and Steven and I bring leftovers.  If the kids want to they can fix a sandwich to take to school.  I usually have peanut butter, jelly, and bread and fruit.
 
Little girl and I also went to Kohl's.  We used my sister's 30% off and we each got a pair of tennis shoes, a new outfit for her, a new shirt for me, and a new set of queen sheets for $100 and I got back $20 in Kohl's cash.
 
Now we are all home and watching TV.  I think everyone had a good weekend and we have a holiday tomorrow. Yeah!


No comments:

Post a Comment