Monday, June 30, 2014

Zucchini

Well it is that time of year again.  The time when the zucchini start coming in and I have to figure out what to do with all of it.  I give lots away, but I am telling you that zucchini might be the answer to world hunger.  We do enjoy it in a stir fry and battered and fried, but our favorite way is in zucchini bread.  So when it all starts coming in I start shredding it and putting it in the freezer for bread.


We planted yellow zucchini this year too.  I mixed it with the green because we use it the same way.  I put it into two cup portions and freeze it in freezer bags.  I use a food processor to grate it.  It makes life so much easier.  I can't imagine grating all of that by hand.


This batch gave me thirteen two cup bags for the freezer.  I will use it mostly for bread but I may try putting it into some minestrone soup or spaghetti sauce.  It is not good for much else once it is frozen because it is too watery.  Here is what our zucchini bread looks like:



Yummy!  Both of these loaves will be eaten in a day.  By the way these are my favorite baking pans.


These are USA pans.  They have a thin coating of silicone on them so nothing sticks and you don't have to spray them.  You do have to hand wash them but they are awesome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment