Sunday, January 13, 2013

Food Costs

I went shopping on Saturday.  I spent $63 at Sam's and $122 at Kroger.  This is over my budget of $150 a week.  We are a family of 7 and we have teens.  That ends up to be a little over $20 per person per week and that does not include all of the company that we feed.  I don't think this is too bad, but I would still like to get it down.  I think $400.00 a month would be good.  It would really free up some of our money.  It is something that we are working on.

Speaking of company, we had plenty this weekend.  On Friday it was Steven's brother and their kids. Look at how sweet the baby is.


Yes the dog had to get in on it.  She gets so jealous.  Then on Saturday night our little nephew on the other side spent the night.  Baby girl and I were having fun reading to him.



Middle girl also had a friend spend Saturday night and we took everyone to church on Sunday.  I love to bring extras to church.  I love showing young people about God and that church does not have to be a drag.  My children certainly do not think it is.

You see, because we eat at home and already shop in bulk and cook in bulk it is no problem to have a few extra for a meal.  We almost always have extra and if we don't we just get out some bread and peanut butter.  We always have plenty of that.

Well, we are heading our to night church in a few.  I hope you all have a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment