Sunday, January 6, 2013

Back to work

Well tomorrow is the start of a new work week in a new year . We had a great Christmas and New Years Eve party . We had some family and friends over and played games and ate . We loudly greeted the new year and we had four friends spend the night . 

Steven then took the boys deer hunting in South Georgia for a few days . They didn't get anything, but they bonded and had fun . The girls and I had fun too . We went out for Japanese food one night and then met my sister and her family for frozen yogurt one night . We don't normally go out much because it expensive to take everybody.

Tomorrow it is back to work and school . I sure have enjoyed staying home the last few weeks . I miss staying home, even though I love my job . I feel like I am doing God.s work with my special ed kids . I love them all . For me the more difficult the better . 

I have heard people say that it takes at least 6 months for older foster kids to feel like family and I can say this is true . After 6 months I feel like we are making strives with the boy . Taking in an older foster kids is harder than you think .  They come with baggage that you may not be able to help with . Well we are making progress and that makes me happy . 

Well, I have to go get ready for tomorrow . 5:30 comes early!

No comments:

Post a Comment