Sunday, August 9, 2015

The night before the last day of summer

I did a little grocery shopping and preparing of food this weekend.  We are starting back to school this week.  I have to go back tomorrow and the kids come on Friday.  This is some of the food that I bought.
 
 
These are some of the food that I prepped. The gallon baggies are crock pot freezer meals and the pans have casseroles in the them.  I also prepped a meatloaf and some hamburger patties.

 
Some have been asking me for recipes/  I don't want to give any until we have tried the food.  Some of these are new to me and some are old.  I will give one that is easy and we all like.
 
Crockpot Freezer Fajitas
 
Place in a gallon freezer bag:
 
4 boneless chicken breast
1 green pepper chopped
1 onion chopped
one envelope of taco seasoning
juice of one lime
 
Place in freezer until ready to use.  On the day of use run bag under hot water to loosen and place contents of bag into crock pot.  Cook on low 8 to 10 hours.  Shred chicken with fork.  Serve on flour tortillas with cheese and salsa and fixings of choice. 
 
It helps us so much to have food in the freezer.  It saves us so much time and money.   I keeps lunch and sandwich makings in the fridge and cereal, eggs, grits, and bagels for breakfast.  This should be enough for the month along with what we already had in the freezer and pantry.  I will have to go to the store for milk and a few other things, but not another big shop for a while. 


No comments:

Post a Comment