Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Electronics




I have to confess. I have a love/hate relationship with electronics. Yes they make our lives easier, but it also makes it easier for us to disconnect from others. 


All of my kids have their own tablets or Kindles. In the summer I let them use them more, but I do have times that I make them turn them off. Of course if they are sharing and getting along nicely and we are on vacation I might give them some more time. 


I just think that there has to be a balance. There are times that I want to throw them all out, but we live in a digital age and they need to be a part of this world. At the same time I don't want them always staring at a screen and not having human contact. That is why we put the screens down every day and interact with each other and enjoy time together. We try to get outside every day and swim or play. We invite friends and family over and enjoy their company. My teens go to church camps with no electronics and we all participate in vacation bible school. My older ones work and participate in marching band and sports. We try to live life and not be behind a screen. Then when everyone wants to see a screen then it is ok because we live a balanced life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment